Frequently asked questions
Who are the initiators?
Sixteen professors and emeriti from Flemish Universities and research institutions are joining forces:
- Peter Aerts – Universiteit Antwerpen
- Lieven Bervoets – Universiteit Antwerpen
- Marnix Beyen – Universiteit Antwerpen
- Bruno Blondé – Universiteit Antwerpen
- Philippe Büscher – Institute of Tropical Medicine
- Bea Cantillon – Universiteit Antwerpen
- Andreas De Block – KU Leuven
- Bruno De Wever – Universiteit Gent
- Nico Koedam – Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Ides Nicaise – KU Leuven
- Jean-Michel Rigo – Universiteit Hasselt
- Raoul Van Damme – Universiteit Antwerpen
- Ann Vanreusel – Universiteit Gent
- Erik Verbruggen – Universiteit Antwerpen
- Erik Verheyen – Universiteit Antwerpen
- Filip Volckaert – KU Leuven
Will my donation remain anonymous?
Yes, it is possible for your donation to remain anonymous. Those who wish to become ambassadors of the action can do so by entering their signature on the website.
Can I add my signature to the call?
Yes, all members of the academic community that undersign the call will become ambassadors of the action.
Is my donation eligible for a tax deduction?
Yes. All 2020 donations of €40 euros and above are eligible for tax deduction with a return of 60 percent.
Do I have to donate €1000?
No. With the action, we hope to have at least one thousand members of the academic community donate €1000. Yet, smaller or greater gifts are welcome too.
Is the action only open for professors?
No, it speaks to all members of the university community.
I am not affiliated with a university or research institution. Can I also make a contribution?
Yes. Every euro is welcome. By making a donation, you immediately support our call for structural reforms in social policy.
Contact details of initiators
- Bruno Blondé – Universiteit Antwerpen, ([email protected])
- Bruno De Wever – Ugent ([email protected])
- Nico Koedam – Vrije Universiteit Brussel ([email protected])
- Jean-Michel Rigo – UHasselt ([email protected])
- Filip Volckaert – KULeuven ([email protected])